01 08 2012
PacketFence 3.5 released
What is PacketFence?
PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source Network Access Control (NAC) solution. Boasting an impressive feature set, PacketFence can be used to effectively secure small to very large heterogeneous networks.
PacketFence provides an impressive list of supported features. Among them, there are :
- Powerful BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workflows
- Simple and efficient guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods with Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices
A complete overview of the solution is available from http://www.packetfence.org /
More information about this release is available in the official release announcement on the PacketFence website.
PacketFence is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such, you are free to download and try it by either getting the new release from our download page or by getting the sources from the source code repository .
Documentation about the installation and configuration of PacketFence is available under the Documentation section of the website.
How Can I Help?
Enjoy PacketFence at its finest!